New Heights for Air Travel is a comprehensive study by Expedia, Inc, in partnership with Airlines Reporting Corporation (ARC) and other industry sources, that is declaring that the travel possibilities in 2017 are limitless!
Great new for us airplane addicts, this new report released last week by Expedia and co is giving wanderlust wanderers the green light to go travel crazy! By analysing worldwide air travel between January 1 and October 24, 2016, the report reveals that due to falling ticket prices and surging capacity, travellers will have more options to fly to more destinations for lower prices!
“The barriers to booking a dream trip are lowered … everyday travel – flights to see the family, work trips – are likely to be easier to book at a lower price. Expedia and ARC enjoy access to a wealth of data. Together, we are showing travellers that the travel possibilities for 2017 are almost limitless,” says Greg Schulze, senior vice president commercial strategy and services, Expedia, Inc.
Key tips for travellers from the New Heights for Air Travel report:
- Average Ticket Prices (ATPs) continue to drop around the world.
- Generally, the best deals on airplane tickets can be found if the tickets are purchased on weekends, Sunday in particular, more than 21 days in advance of your planned holiday dates.
- In most parts of the world, trips with Saturday-night stays still are priced best (excluding China and North Asia).
- Increased competition is a good thing for travellers; more flights from more airlines mean more options for consumers.
- Bundling your travel products, for example, flight and hotel, by booking more than one at the same time can provide big savings.
- Havana, Cuba has seen the greatest increase in incoming travellers over the last year.
- Da Nang, Vietnam.
- Mexico City.
- Peru, Chile, Panama, Uruguay, Iceland and Russia were also notable destinations.
Whether you’re a wandering nomad or an infrequent flyer, the commencement of a new year (as well as the booming travel industry) is the perfect opportunity to take your dream trip to the dazzling beaches of the Whitsundays, dine with giraffes in Kenya, or finally take up that date you’ve had planned since you were a kid with Disney. As Mark Twain says…
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed in the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. EXPLORE. DREAM. DISCOVER.”